Ok, I got back to office on Monday and ran my weekly check for the crappy similar operating system that is Windows (XP). Then after a long time checking for the software a got the Error number: 0x8DDD0009.
What? Trying to follow the instructions on the page I emptied the cache, restarted the browser and… no still didn’t work.
Ok, google is my friend. Searching and the error is common.
Tried all the advices found on the net
run the terminal
proxycfg -d net stop wuauserv net start wuauserv
registering again a dll
Finally I tried to remove the ActiveX so when I ask to windows update site, it should discover no ActiveX and install it again.
Following a Microsoft advice I went to the C:\windows\downloaded program files but no files were there. So searching again I found that there was a dll to remove C:\windows\system32\wuweb.dll. After removing this dll, reboot the system and going to the windows update site, then it asked me to install again the ActiveX.
Now things work right.
(a week later…)
I went back to office after a week end and try to run the weekly updates… traaaaack. Again. 0x8DDD0009.
All procedures described above didn’t work. I’ve solved in this way
Clear the cache of internet explorer and close the browser.
net stop wuauserv.
Also stop the Automatic Updates and Background Intelligent Transfer from the service panel (Start->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services).
remove the following files/directories
C:\windows\downloaded program files\WUWebControl Class
unregister the wuweb.dll and rename some other files
regsvr32 /u wuweb.dll
ren wuweb.dll wuweb.old
ren iuengine.dll iuengine.old
It’s strange ’cause this time after a while I’ve removed wuweb.dll, some process recreate it.
Run a regclean (it’s never a bad thing).
restart the Automatic Updated and Background Intelligent Transfer from the service panel
open internet explorer and run the windows update.